Introduction

This project started off as a small idea based on the concept of community. Poetry has always been a constant love in my life. I decided to take this passion further and try to share my words and thoughts with the community of Columbia, SC. My short poems are meant to take people out of their every day routine and pause and think. I utilized the everyday object of rocks because of how common they are, but additionally how special I find them to be. I am gradually dispersing these rocks all throughout Columbia until I have made a total of 300. Each rock has its very own original poem. I will document each of these rocks and post them to my site. My hope is for you to share your experience no matter how small or large it was when discovering your rock. Share anything you'd like, bringing forth your voice to a community discussion. 

Comments

  1. Clumps of Color.
    Slashes of black.
    Reality a blunder.
    Don’t look back.

    I’d just like to say that coming across this rock was unexpected. When I found out it was linked to this blog I was definitely intrigued. For me this poem sparks a lot of visuals. But more than that, I found that this curious item somehow spoke to me in simple ways. I’m holding on to the rock with me. Ive had it a few days but I’m thinking of putting it back in the world for others to discover also! I’d really like to see other experiences shared! That’d be cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the feedback! Means a lot to me! And especially continuing to share the story of the poetry rock is awesome of you to do! What a great idea! Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. So I was just walkin down my usual route on my way to get a cup of joe when I noticed this stone. It stood out to me and I picked it up. It said:

    Sunshine cotton candy,
    Pale pink bubblegum,
    Chocolatey towering sticks,
    Nature my own wonderland.

    Seriously awesome to find! Totally made me hungry! When I read the poem I thought of my own childhood fantasies coming to life! Like lollipop trees and stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment